A warm welcome to St. Simon & St. Jude, we are the Roman Catholic Parish of Streatham Hill, South London. Our parish lies within the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark.Our parish priest is the Rev. Fr. Lixson Cyriac O.F.M Cap. (The Order of Friars Minor Capuchin). We are a small and welcoming community.
Opening St Simon and St Jude for Mass
We are pleased to announce that, following the further easing of the lockdown measures by the Government and the consequent Archbishops of England's guidance, the celebration of masses will resume at St Simon and St Jude from Wednesday 8th July. Mass times will be:
Wednesdays : 9 am
Saturdays: 6 pm
Sundays: 10.30 am
Opening of our Church for Mass
The churches are now allowed to have mass with relevant restrictions in place. Hence, we will be opening our church for mass from Wednesday, 8th July. The plan now is to have mass on Wednesdays (9 am), Saturdays (6 pm) and Sundays (10.30 am).
· We are obliged to maintain social distancing in the church. This means the number of people who can attend the mass is limited.
· At present, the obligation to attend Sunday mass remains suspended. Those who can attend the weekday mass, please consider it so that others will have a chance on Sundays.
· We are obliged to keep a temporary record of those who attend mass for 21 days to assist NHS test and trace service. so, where possible please write your name plus address/email/phone number on a piece of paper in advance, and include the time of Mass you are attending. We will also have cards available for people to fill on arrival at church. If you don’t have pen and paper with you, please provide your details to one of the stewards.
· There will be no congregational singing and mass will be shorter than usual.
· Readers will be supplied with single use gloves and will avoid touching the microphone or lectionary apart from page turning. The homily will be brief to minimise the time that people are congregated in the church building. The prayer of the faithful will be omitted.
· There will be no offertory procession and no sharing of collection bags. A collection box will be placed at the entrance for parishioners to put their offering.
· The communion will be in one kind only. A table will be placed between the communicant and the priest to ensure distancing. The communion will be distributed in silence – no usual exchange of “the body of Christ” and “Amen”
· After the mass people will be encouraged to return home and not remain.
· The church will be closed after mass has
finished in order for cleaning to be undertaken.
As we face together the unusual situation in England and Wales of not being able to attend public worship due to the present health crisis, we would like to offer parishioners in Southwark and beyond a number of helpful resources to continue their prayer life and connect to the Catholic community.
Live-Streamed Mass & Spiritual Communion in Southwark Diocese
to Southwark parishes that live-stream Mass
Several Parishes within the Archdiocese live-stream Mass each weekend. We have compiled a list of those that currently do so, along with links to each stream. Please check the times of services since these may change from the normal advertised routine in the present circumstances.
Important Message regarding CHURCH CLOSURE - from Archbishop John: Following the Prime Minister's Address to the Nation and the
Government's instruction that all places of worship must now close their
doors. This means that, with immediate effect, without any exceptions, all
our churches and chapels across the Archdiocese must remain CLOSED to
the public until further notice. For full transcript see below item 2.
PARISH SECRETARY, OFFICE HOURS:
New to the Parish?
CLICK ON ANY IMAGES TO OPEN WEBSITE
| Parish Refurbishment, Renovation and Restoration works - June - Sept 2018
The church prior to the restoration / refurbishment click on the link here
We would like this site to be informative, easier to use and of real value to you. If you have any comments or suggestions, or would like to contribute to the site, do get in touch with us please use this direct link, or visit us in person at St. Simon + St. Jude Catholic Church, 5 Hillside Road, Streatham Hill, London SW2 3HL. Website Feedback only (not for personal/baptism/marriage enquiries or general information). To contact the Parish Priest or Parish Ofice/Secretary see section above please.
Disclaimer - Please Note: Through this website you can link to other websites which are not under the control of St. Simon and St. Jude. R.C. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Copyright © 2008 - 2020, St Simon + St Jude. All rights reserved. RC Archdiocese of Southwark CIO Registered Incorporated Charity No. 1173050