- St.Simon & St.Jude
- 5 Hillside Road
- SW2 3HL
0208 678 9051
Learning New Hymns:
Choir rehearsals: Every Monday evening at 07:30 p.m. in the Church and every Sunday before mass at 09:30 a.m. Do feel free to join us at St. Simon & St. Jude. RC.
Sometimes there is not enough time to cover all the material on a Monday. Learning parts, that is, Soprano, Alto, Tenor or Bass (SATB) notes is difficult without a piano player on Monday evenings. Therefore I will post some links here so we can learn in our own time before Sunday rehearsal with the organist. To maximise our learning together a prompt start for 09:30 a.m. rehearsal on Sundays is essential.
Taizé Learning the songs - check this link click here
The Taizé Community is an ecumenical monastic order that invites people of different Christian faiths to worship together. They are well known for their contemplative hymns in many languages.
For Lent try listening to this series on YouTube Taizé Top 10 we will sing some of these.
- Adoramus te Christe - (We adore you, Lord Jesus Christ)
- Beati voi poveri - (How blessed the poor in heart, for -theirs-is the kingdom of heav-en)
- Behüte mich Gott - (Keep me, O God, for I trust in you. You show me the path of life. with you there is fullness of joy.)
- Bleibet hier - (Stay with me, remain here with me, watch - & pray - watch and pray )
- Bleid mit denier Gnade - (Stay with us O Lord Jesus Christ, night will soon fall)
- Da Pacem ... in diebus - (Grant us your peace, O Lord)
- Kyrie eleison - (Various versions)
- Lau-da-te te Dominum - Sing, praise and bless the Lord
- Laudate Omnes gentes - Sing praises, all you peoples
- Misericordias Domini - Holy Year of Mercy
- Nade te Turbe - Nothing Can trouble link Men please click on Tenor and Bass. Ladies please click on Soprano or Alto.
- Sit nomen Domini - (Let the name of the Lord be praised now and always)
- Surrexit Christus - The Lord is risen - alleluia, Sing out and praise the Lord - alleluia
- Tui Amoris ignem (veni sancte) - Holy Spirit, Come to us, Kindle in us the fire of your love, Holy Spirit, come to us, Holy Spirit, Come to us.
- Tu sei sorgente viva - (You are the living source, you are fir& love, Come Holy Spirit)
- Ubi Caritas - (Where charity and love are, God is there)
- Voici Dieu qui vient a mon secours -( God comes to my aid, the Lord, with thiose who support me. I sing to you: you raise me up)
We will try out what we have learnt the following Monday at rehersal, in two groups, men and ladies!
TIP - Taizé - these are best sung without hymn books, in order to sound as one harmonic group. The trick is to be able to sing and hear yourself with one ear and at the same time hear the person next to you singing with the other ear. We need to 'feel' the music and sing with honesty to convey the integrity of the words.
Psalms 104:33 - I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
Copyright © 2008 - 2019, St Simon + St Jude. All rights reserved.